The holiday season is about to begin, and scenic lakeside campgrounds are beckoning campers across the U.S. Tourists can indulge in a myriad of activities like kayaking, swimming, boating and fishing. This list of the top 10 lakefront campgrounds and RV parks will help you in selecting the choicest spot to visit this season.
- Campground by South Lake Tahoe, CA: Camping amid Ponderosa pine woods by Lake Tahoe is a relaxing experience. Nature lovers can fill their hearts with its amazing scenic beauty. The main campground is a few steps away from the water, and whether you bring your family, trekkers or school students, enough provisions are there to station RVs and erect tents. You can rent canoes, kayaks and bikes from nearby stores. The place is a safe campground for families with children.
- Monkey Island RV Resort, OK: One of the newest RV resorts in Oklahoma, Monkey Island RV Resort is located in the midst of idyllic scenery around Grand Lake o’ the Cherokees. With concrete RV pads and well-constructed roads, this is one of the finest Grand Lake lodgings in Oklahoma. Passionate golf players can spend quality time at nearby Shangri La Luxury Resort’s spacious golf course. The resort also features on-site convenience stores.
- Zephyr Cove Resort, NV: One can have an outstanding natural view of the southern shore of Lake Tahoe from the Zephyr Cove Resort in Nevada. Actually, the place is located just across the California and Nevada border. The resort provides sites for both tents and RVs. A range of quality services are offered by the resort owners, including restaurants. There are so many recreational options that you may not find enough time to experience them all in a single trip. Stroll along the private beaches, cruise through the lake water, go horseback riding and buy souvenirs from local gift shops. Boating enthusiasts can rent from nearby stores. All the campsites have picnic tables, fire rings and hook-ups.
- Lake Mead RV Village, NV: Many will visit the Las Vegas Strip, but few will bend their course toward an equally extraordinary RV village located in the recreation area of Lake Mead. The village has premium as well as regular spots for tents and RVs with scenic views of the lake. With hook-ups everywhere, campers have nothing to worry about. The cool lake water offers ideal opportunities for swimming, boating and fishing.
- Fontainebleau State Park, LA: Seekers of quietness will find an ideal paradise in Fontainebleau State Park, located on the northern shore of Lake Pontchartrain. Tent campers and RV owners will find both primitive and complete hook-up sites here. Campers can visit the city during the day or hike or bike through the numerous trails in the afternoons.
- Lake Havasu State Park, AZ: It is true that when you seek information about Lake Havasu State Park, water sport options pop up at the top of the list. However, there are 47 scenic campsites beside the lake as well. Fishing, swimming and boating are top water sports here. Three boat ramps have been constructed around the lake for convenience. Anyone can explore the hiking trail along the winding shoreline, as it is short and quite easy.
- Caddo Lake State Park, TX: The huge cypress trees wrapped in moss along the waterways here will give you the feeling of visiting an extra-terrestrial world. However, this is our own earthly patch tucked away in eastern Texas. There are rich opportunities of fishing and laid-back canoeing. Along the shorelines are campsites. While you paddle through the waterways, keep your eyes open for alligators.
- Okeechobee KOA, FL: For a picture-perfect tropical vacation, you must visit Florida’s Lake Okeechobee KOA campsite. Boating enthusiasts and anglers love this place. This KOA has a driving range, four tennis courts and a picturesque palm-lined golf course. Those who are not visiting in RVs have the option of staying in tents or deluxe cabins. The site is big-rig friendly.
- Bridge Bay Campground, WY: Adventure seekers will not mind tasting the ice-cold water of Yellowstone Lake, while others can spend quality time paddling and fishing. The western side of this scenic campground is comprised of primitive sites for tents and RVs.
- Bella Terra RV Resort, AL: Comprised of a variety of sites full of natural beauty, Bella Terra RV Resort is a safe gated community. This resort is extremely clean and tidy. Located in close proximity to the beach and outlet shopping centers, the Bella Terra RV Resort offers several amenities, including a clubhouse.
This is certainly not the ultimate list of lakefront campgrounds and RV parks in the U.S. You must continue your research if you still haven’t found your ideal vacation destination. Take our list as a motivational stepping stone to direct your views toward this unconventional way of spending a great vacation together.